Jerseyscapes III at Hamilton Square
Curated by Kristin J. DeAngelis and Dr. Midori Yoshimoto, NJCU Gallery Director
Jerseyscapes was the idea of Curator Midori Yoshimoto, NJCU Gallery Director, who is now seeing its third iteration. Jerseyscapes III will be exhibited at SILVERMAN Hamilton Square Condominiums in Jersey City from May 13 – August 21, 2020.
The initial selection from Jerseyscapes Revisited, curated by Midori Yoshimoto, has taken place. Curator for SILVERMAN, Kristin J. DeAngelis, will be selecting approximately 12 additional pieces to complete the new version of Jerseyscapes. This is a Pro Arts New Jersey members’ only exhibition.
Focus will be on landscapes and scenes inherent to New Jersey.
Important note: If you exhibited your work in Jerseyscapes Revisited at NJCU in October 2019 but did not receive notice that your work has been selected for Jerseyscapes III at SILVERMAN Square Condominiums, you are encouraged to submit to this Call for consideration.
Please read carefully!
Submission Opens: Friday, February 14, 2020
Submission Deadline: Midnight Sunday, March 15, 2020 No exceptions
Notification: Sunday, March 28, 2020
Exhibition Dates: May 13 – August 21, 2020
Drop-off Date: May 9, 2020 Hamilton Square Condominiums; 9:30am – 12:30pm
Opening Reception: May 13, 2020 6-8:00pm
Pick-up Date: August 22, 2020 (will be confirmed)
Venue: Hamilton Square Condominiums
232 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Submission is FREE for Pro Arts members
Non-members: You can submit to the exhibition by becoming a Pro Arts Jersey City member for the $45 annual membership. Go to https://www.proartsjerseycity.org for information and to pay the membership fee before submitting. The deadline to begin this process to submit to Jerseyscapes III is March 8, 2020.
Commission & Financial Agreement: By submitting your work to the exhibition, you agree to the following: The Gallery will receive 30% of the sales price; the artist will receive 70% of sales price. The Gallery will process all sales and pay sales tax. Jersey City residents who purchase artwork will receive a 10% discount. Please add 10% to your asking price as this discount will not be deducted from The Galley’s commission. The Gallery, Pro Arts Jersey City and SILVERMAN will be held harmless. Release forms will be attached to acceptance notification. ALL work must be for sale.
• Media: All two-dimensional work will be considered and must be able to hang on walls. Sculpture & other three-dimensional works cannot be accommodated.
• Work will be exhibited in an open reception area of a condominium building. This requires specific curation; no nudity nor reference to any violence will be considered. Limited figured figurative work will be considered.
• All artwork must be framed if applicable.
• Hanging instructions: Please have your work wired properly on the outer frame or stretcher bars. Unacceptable: Sawtooth hangers; wires attached to backer boards (even on manufactured backer boards with eyes); any hanging system that will not hold the weight of the piece. If your piece is dropped-off with unacceptable wiring, you will be charged $10.
• Artwork to be delivered no later than: May 9, 2020 – specifics to location will be communicated to those accepted.
• Sold work remain in the site until the close of the exhibition.
Number of images: Maximum three jpg images
Image File requirements:
Size: 72dpi, maximum 1200px on the widest side
Image File Names: Name files as follows:
Example: Mouse_Mickey_”Welcome to My House”_Oil on Canvas_30x40”.jpg
1. In the subject line of your email submission:
b. JerseyscapesIII Submission
2. In the body of your email submission:
Name, complete address, phone number, website, Facebook, Instagram handle
A contents list of your submissions in the following format including the corresponding image file name, like this example:
Medium & Dimension
Submit to Kristin De Angelis: firstname.lastname@example.org