The 6th Annual “Meet the Curators” was held on Saturday, April 8th, 2017 at the Council Chambers, City Hall, 280 Grove St., Jersey City, NJ
Meet the Curators is a yearly event featuring the opportunity for visual artists to meet professional curators for 20 minute one-on-one discussions regarding their work and careers as professional artists. The yearly Curator’s Choice Exhibit is a selection by the curators of the best portfolios reviewed during the event.
What do curators look for when selecting artists? How does a visual artist get their foot in the door when approaching galleries? How can an artist present work that stands out in a competitive market?
Pro Arts Jersey City has long encouraged artistic excellence and a strong local community. Meet the Curator presents an opportunity to connect with industry professionals and gain constructive insight on their work in a supportive environment.
Participating reviewers on this year’s panel include (Click here for Detail Bios):
- Jeanne Brasile – Director, Walsh Gallery at Seton Hall University
- Evonne Davis – Artistic Director, Gallery Aferro
- Robert Langdon – Owner & Curator, Emerge Gallery
- Katherine Murdock – Assistant Curator, Visual Arts Center of New Jersey
- Margaret O’Reilly – Executive Director, New Jersey State Museum
- Stacy Smith – Publications & Communications Manager, Zimmerli Art Museum, Rutgers University
- Anne Trauben – Curator/Exhibitions Director, Drawing Rooms
- Midori Yoshimoto – Associate Professor of Art History & Gallery Director, New Jersey City University