On February 1st, the artist Trish Classe Gianakis’ first one-woman show “Elements of Emotions” opens at Casa Colombo curated by Lisa Collodoro. After Gianakis’ cancer diagnosis, she spent three years channeling her emotions into sculpture. The raku-fired ceramic body parts, that form the foundation of her pieces, reflect the struggle for survival and gratitude in recovery. Combining other elements such as droid mobile phones, fiber optic wire or video, brings technology into the personal, allowing a broader collective experience.
Show is on view from February 1-27, 2020 at Casa Colombo, 380 Monmouth Street, Jersey City, NJ. 07302. 201-222-9317.
Trish Classe Gianakis is a visual artist and published poet whose immersive works have been exhibited across the United States. She earned her MFA in computer art installation from the School of Visual Arts and is currently an adjunct professor at Saint Peter’s University in Jersey City, where she teaches Website coding and design, animation, and augment reality. She Specializes in application design, user experience, and digital marketing, Classe Design was founded by Trish in 2000.
• 2019-“Visual Aids – Post Cards From The Edge” AUCTION – Bortolami, Tribeca, NYC
• 2019-“The Virginia Project” LIU Humanities Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
• 2019 – “For the Love Of It” Nimbus Dance Center, Jersey City, NJ
• 2019 – “Literally and Figuratively”, Atelier Rosal, Rahway, NJ
• Selected as Artisan in Residence at Ocean House, RI – 2018
• 2018 – “Sene/Unseen the Perception of Space”, The Gallery Space Rahway , NJ
• 2018-“Unmasked, Mondo Contemporary, Summit, NJ
• 2018-“Samhain” Atelier Rosal Gallery, Rahway, NJ 07065
• 2018-“The Virginia Project” The Wired Gallery, High Falls, NY
• 2018 – Raw Arts, “Connect”, Queens NY
• 2018 – “By Chance” Studio Montclair, NJ
• 2018 – Small Works Baruch exhibition, NY, NY
• Published poet, Visible Ink 2017 and 2019
• 2017-“Electronic Encounters” School of Visual Arts, Flatiron Gallery, NY, Alumni MFA. Computer Arts Exhibit 2017. Show written up in Paper Magazine: 10 Must-See Art Shows
• 2017- Curators Choice – JCAST Jersey City, The Gallery Space, Rahway, NJ
• 2017 – Artist of the Month, Atlantic Health Healing Arts, 2017 Morristown, NJ
• 2017-Visions of Hope – Summit Medical Group, NJ, up for 9 months at Summit Medical Group, Berkley Heights NJ
Trish teaches hand building with clay, glazing and Raku workshops for private and group lessons in her studio in NJ.