Meet the Curators 2017
Registration Closed for 2017
The 6th Annual “Meet the Curators” will be held on Saturday, April 8th, 2017 at the Council Chambers, City Hall, 280 Grove St., Jersey City, NJ
Meet the Curators is a yearly event featuring the opportunity for visual artists to meet professional curators for 20 minute one-on-one discussions regarding their work and careers as professional artists. The yearly Curator’s Choice Exhibit is a selection by the curators of the best portfolios reviewed during the event.
What do curators look for when selecting artists? How does a visual artist get their foot in the door when approaching galleries? How can an artist present work that stands out in a competitive market?
Pro Arts Jersey City has long encouraged artistic excellence and a strong local community. Meet the Curator presents an opportunity to connect with industry professionals and gain constructive insight on their work in a supportive environment.
Participating reviewers on this year’s panel include (Click here for Detail Bios):
- Jeanne Brasile – Director, Walsh Gallery at Seton Hall University
- Evonne Davis – Artistic Director, Gallery Aferro
- Robert Langdon – Owner & Curator, Emerge Gallery
- Katherine Murdock – Assistant Curator, Visual Arts Center of New Jersey
- Margaret O’Reilly – Executive Director, New Jersey State Museum
- Stacy Smith – Publications & Communications Manager, Zimmerli Art Museum, Rutgers University
- Anne Trauben – Curator/Exhibitions Director, Drawing Rooms
- Midori Yoshimoto – Associate Professor of Art History & Gallery Director, New Jersey City University
To Register please click here to access the 2017 portfolio registration form. To join Pro Arts Jersey City and receive your membership discount for the first review, please go to the membership form on the membership page and follow instructions. Questions?. For more information email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro Arts Members:
• $10 for the first review and $25 for each additional review.
• $35 for first review and $25 for each additional review.