Trish Classe Gianakis is an awarding winning sculpture artist. Her work has appeared nationally and has exhibited solo and in group exhibits at SVA Flat Iron Gallery, Chelsea NY, Wired Gallery High Falls NY, and Broome Street Gallery in SoHo, New York, Raw Arts Queens Ball Room, NY.
Her sculpture style is Raku mixed with found objects and digital media. Raku is an ancient oriental pottery process, which started in roughly the 16th century. It is different from firing a piece in a regular kiln. This process is done outdoors, using a large gas kiln at 1800 degrees (fahrenheit).
Trish’s formal background includes Master Fine Art Computer Art Installation from SVA, NY, and is an alumni graduate of Arizona State University with a BFA in Graphic Design. She has enjoyed a successful career as Creative Director at Classe Design, her design agency, established in 2000. Currently Trish is an Adjunct Professor at St. Peters University.
Her most recent accomplishments are:
• Selected as Artisan in Residence at Ocean House, RI – 2018
• Published poet, Visible Ink 2017 and 2019
• “Electronic Encounters” SVA Flatiron Gallery, 2017 Juried exhibit, was written up in “Paper Magazine” as one of the top ten shows to see in NYC
• 2017 Curator Choice, Juried Show, Jersey City, NJ
• Artist of the Month, Atlantic Health Healing Arts, 2017 Morristown, NJ
• “Visions of Hope” Juried Art exhibit 2017, show was up for 9 months at Summit Medical Group, Berkley Heights NJ
Trish teaches hand building with clay, glazing and Raku workshops for private and group lessons in her studio in NJ.